GREEN DIGITAL DIVERSITY
Why are we doing this project?
• High rate of school failure and school dropout in the organizations' districts.
• Lack of digital competence between migrant parents and young people attending CEPA.
• Long experience in networking and synergy created with some Primary schools.
• Intercultural and very densely populated neighborhoods.
• Problems of coexistence.
• Very extensive synergy in our neighbourhoods.
• Part of the migrant population is far from our organizations.
• As a result of the latest projects we are starting to have a lot of people interested in the courses.
• Experience in working with migrants . We want to avoid working with a single beneficiary group. We want to create more heterogeneous groups.
• Prevention from working with ghetto groups.
I’m a title. Click here to edit me.
I'm a paragraph. Click here to add your own text and edit me. Let your users get to know you.
What are the strengths of this project?
• Communiy effort
• A Very strong synergy of associates.
• Collaboration of a lot of NGO.
Who are the beneficiaries?
• Vulnerable population in general
• Migrant parents
• Unemployed young adults
• Adults with disabilities
Which are the aims?
• Develop a comprehensive training program under the umbrella of active citizenship adapted to the needs of two vulnerable population groups: migrants and young adults who are unemployed.
• Develop skills for life, employment and active citizenship.
• Design and implement a digital and innovative program because it has a focus
intergenerational, trainers (active aging) and the degree of adaptation of the material and the methodological approach.
• Create spaces that promote intercultural coexistence through real interactions and positive among students of different backgrounds and generations.
• Work on critical thinking and the sense of social justice (global citizenship).
• Combat the social, cultural and generational gap in our institutions.
Intergenerational and holistic program
Three different generations are involved in this program:
• Young adults (at risk ofsocial exclusion).
• Senior volunteering (international and local). They are the trainers.
challenges and strengths
• Active ageing (involution). This sector has been particularly affected by the
• Lack of interest in training in general when finding an unskilled job
• It is a way to combat growing absenteeism in post-epidemic era
when there is plenty of work.
What do we offer?
• Digital Competence through the course: Digitally Competent Citizens
(designed by IBsteam).
• Critical thinking (environmental education, education for citizenship and democracy) through the reading clubs organized at CEPA
by Palma City Council, Citizenship course, discussion club etc.
Who are the trainers?
• Staff of the school and l’IBsteam (as coordinators).
• Senior volunteer (Caixabank Foundation and Germandat de Mestres Jubilats).
• European volunteering.
• Moodle / classroom platform with specific terms of education. Classroom platform created for the digital competent course.
• Space for parents: a reading club, a library, an organic orchard, an e-handbook with all the results.